CHIETA 2020/2021 CYCLE 1 AMENDED ADVERT: DISCRETIONARY GRANTS
Opening Date of Funding Window: 23 October 2020
Closing Date of Funding Window: 06 November 2020
The CHIETA Discretionary Grant is available for employers/enterprises within the chemical sector
and is aimed at addressing the scarce and critical skills needs identified through the CHIETA Sector
WHO CAN APPLY?
1. Chemical sector companies who are eligible and have submitted the ATR-WSP to the
CHIETA via the Source Data Mandatory Submission System are eligible to apply.
2. Non-levy paying companies, CHIETA accredited training providers, SMME’s, CBO’s CBC’s,
NPO’s, NGO’s and Co-Ops that are within the chemical sector can apply.
3. Government institutions are eligible to apply.
PIVOTAL FUNDING WINDOWS FOR EMPLOYED AND/OR UNEMPLOYED LEARNERS AS PER CHIETA
WHAT CAN YOU APPLY FOR?
- Small Business support: Support to Small businesses operating in the Chemical Sector to train their staff on entrepreneurial skills that will assist them to improve their businesses/operations. Can apply for: Skills Programmes; Bursaries; Learnerships; AET Programmes. Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Trade union Supporters: Support to Trade Unions operating in the Chemical Sector. To train their members and achieve formal qualifications and/or skills programmes that will assist them to improve their contribution to all union related activities at the union and at workplaces. Can apply for: Skills Programmes and Bursaries. Applications only open for continuing learners
- Centres of Specialization (CoS): Support to Centres of Specialisation Can apply for: Apprenticeship Grants. Applications only open for continuing learners
- Career Guidance and Development (Chemical Sector): Career Guidance and Development (4IR related). Applications only open for new learners
- CHIETA Research and Skills Planning: Bursaries: PhD Level Bursaries/Post-Doctoral Level Bursaries. Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Candidacy programmes: Provide Candidacy programmes to learners. Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Technical and Vocational Education and Training(TVET) Support: Skills programmes training for TVET lecturers. Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Qualifications Design and Development: Experts required for development of assessment tools: Experts invited to apply for the development of the EISA tools or Examination Papers required for external assessments to support the implementation of the SAQA registered occupational qualifications listed below: Maintenance Planner. Chemical Plant Operator. Glass Forming Operator: Part qualifications, namely, Container Glass Operator, Bath Operator, Annealing Operator and Spout Operator. Mobile Explosives Manufacturing Unit Operator. Applications open for both new and existing experts
- Adult Education and Training (AET): Basic Education and Training for Adults Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Apprenticeship: Occupationally directed instructional and workbased learning programme that requires a formal contract or an artisan learning programme agreement and resulting in a trade test – formally assessed through an accredited body or Trade Test Centre. Applications open for continuing learners
- Learnerships (Non-Artisan related): Occupationally directed instructional and workbased learning programme that requires a learning programme agreement. This Grant incentive includes chemical sector registered Learnerships and non-core chemical sector Learnerships used in the chemical sector. Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Skills Programme: Recognized or registered structured experiential learning in the workplace that is required after the completion of a unit standard – formally assessed. This Grant incentive includes chemical sector registered skills programmes/unit standards and non-core chemical sector skills programmes/unit standards used in the chemical sector. Including licensing short programmes and health and safety aligned short programmes.
Applications open for both new and continuing learners
- Bursaries – Undergraduate & Post Graduate: Institution based theoretical instruction alone – formally assessed by the institution. Applications only open for continuing learners
HOW TO APPLY?
All qualifying applicants must complete the 2020/2021 Cycle 1 Discretionary Grants Application forms.
The hardcopy of the applications including the required signature pages and all the relevant supporting documentation must be submitted to email@example.com by 05 November 2020 @ 16:00
For any further enquiries, please do not hesitate to contact Danesha Dawson on 0100300080