FOODBEV SETA DISCRETIONARY
GRANTS: FIRST FUNDING WINDOW OF 2020/21 FINANCIAL YEAR
Opening Date: 21 June 2020 Closing Date: 24 July 2020
WHO CAN APPLY?
• FoodBev SETA levy-paying companies
• Non-levy paying companies operating within the food and beverages manufacturing sector
• Public TVET Colleges and Community Education and Training Colleges (CET)
• Public Universities and Universities of Technology.
LIST OF LEARNING PROGRAMMES WHICH ENTITIES CAN APPLY FOR
Adult Education and Training (AET) for employed learners
Apprenticeships for employed and unemployed learners
Bursaries for employed learners
Candidacy program (serving of articles that lead to a professional qualification)
Learnerships for employed and unemployed learners
Skills Programmes for employed and unemployed learners
University of Technology Internships for unemployed learners
Work Experience for unemployed HET graduates
TVET NATED Internships for unemployed learners
HIGH LEVEL QUALIFYING CRITERIA
• Levy-paying employers must have submitted Annexure II within the required timeframe (i.e. 31 May 2020 & 30 June 2020 for those granted an extension), and they must have been approved by the FoodBev SETA Accounting Authority for Mandatory Grants
• Non-levy paying companies must have submitted a simplified pivotal plan and/or report
• Levy-paying employers must be up to date with payment of their levies (i.e. excluding Levy Payment Holiday as
pronounced by the President)
• Non-Levy paying employers should be operating within the Food and Beverage manufacturing sector
• Non-Levy paying employers must submit their latest EMP201 and/or a letter of exemption and/or official letter from audit/accounting firm confirming their exemption
•Training provider must be accredited by the authorized party (Quality Council, SETA, or other as relevant)
HOW TO APPLY?
The funding window opens on 21st June 2020 and closes on 24th July 2020 • The deadline will not be extended • Late or incomplete applications.